Lavash bread recipe
Lavash bread is a puffy bread usually served as an appetizer in restaurants throughout Turkey. Lavash is also popular in Azerbaijan, Iran, Armenia and Kashmir.
Here is the list of ingredients:
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 table spoon of sugar
- 1 table spoon of dried yeast (or instant yeast)
- Half table spoon of salt
Step by step
- Put one cup offlour in a mixing bowl, mix with sugar, water and yeast.
- Slowly add flour and water to your mixture to ensure the mixture is a little hard and not sticking to your hands.
- Once done, let your mixture rest for half an hour.
- Break your mixture into small rolls (as small as a lime) and flatten the rolls using a rolling pin.
- Cook the pieces on a non-stick pan on both sides until they are puffy. Keep this process short(10-15 seconds) as they tend to burn very easily.
- Stack the lavash pieces up using butter to ensure they don’t dry up.
Afiyet olsun !