Yet another Turkish bread recipe
Here is another super delicious Turkish bread recipe. The recipe is used in village kitchens and based on mixing the Strong Flour (Bread Flour) and Wholemeal Flour .
- 500 grams of Strong flour
- 80 grams of Wholemeal Flour
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1.5 Cup warm water,
- 1.5 small scale salt
- Granulated sugar 1 large scale
- Instant dry yeast 2 small scale
How to prepare
- Mix strong flour and wholemeal flour in a mixing bowl
- Stir with sugar, yeast and salt
- Start mixing with warm water and start mixing using a mixer.
- Add that 1 cup of plain white flour (then mix for another 10 minutes)
- Knead the dough for 15 minutes on a wooden bench/cutting board until the dough is as soft as your earlobe (Turkish cooking idiom). You can add a little bit of flour on top, at this stage.
- Spread a thin layer of flour in the mixing bowl. Put your kneaded dough on top of this layer. Cover the bowl with either a damp cloth or a stretch film. Leave it in this situation for 1 hour.
- After one hour, knead the dough gently a little more and then divide it into two equal parts. Give these halves some shape and put them on the baking tray.
- Let the dough rest on the tray for 45 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees. Add some boiling water to you dough and put into oven,
- Bake for 40 minutes, make sure it is golden brown on top and at the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Then, wrap the bread in a fabric.