Here is another super delicious Turkish bread recipe. The recipe is used in village kitchens and based on mixing the Strong Flour (Bread Flour) and Wholemeal Flour .
- 500 grams of Strong flour
- 80 grams of Wholemeal Flour
- 1 cup of plain flour
- 1.5 Cup warm water,
- 1.5 small scale salt
- Granulated sugar 1 large scale
- Instant dry yeast 2 small scale
How to prepare
- Mix strong flour and wholemeal flour in a mixing bowl
- Stir with sugar, yeast and salt
- Start mixing with warm water and start mixing using a mixer.
- Add that 1 cup of plain white flour (then mix for another 10 minutes)
- Knead the dough for 15 minutes on a wooden bench/cutting board until the dough is as soft as your earlobe (Turkish cooking idiom). You can add a little bit of flour on top, at this stage.
- Spread a thin layer of flour in the mixing bowl. Put your kneaded dough on top of this layer. Cover the bowl with either a damp cloth or a stretch film. Leave it in this situation for 1 hour.
- After one hour, knead the dough gently a little more and then divide it into two equal parts. Give these halves some shape and put them on the baking tray.
- Let the dough rest on the tray for 45 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 220 degrees. Add some boiling water to you dough and put into oven,
- Bake for 40 minutes, make sure it is golden brown on top and at the bottom.
- Remove from the oven and let it rest for 5 minutes. Then, wrap the bread in a fabric.